Saturday, September 22, 2012

E-portfolio


On E-portfolio

As is indicated in its name, e-portfolio is an online tool designed to help teachers in their work. In my opinion, it aims at the integration and better communication between teachers and students outside classroom. Both teachers and students can participate in the e-portfolio and make a contribution during their academic journey together. I would like to elaborate on how I will use e-portfolio when I become a teacher.

Since e-portfolio is the academic version of the social network Facebook, I plan to devote a large amount of time to it after class.

First, I hope all my students to map out a plan as to how to learn a second language, what to expect in a second language classroom and what goals they have on their mind so that I can try to tailor certain teaching methods to their needs to help them reach largest potential. They can create all the information on e-portfolio which I will review from time to time. I would also like to ask them to post reflection about their academic progress, questions after class online and I will keep track of all this to see what I can improve in my class teaching to create a better learning atmosphere. Sometimes, I will command homework submitted on e-portfolio and I will correct and comment on it in further details.

Things mentioned above are the ones I will receive and give feedback either on e-portfolio or in class. I, as an active teacher, have more duties than those.

I will post some projects regarding next session so that students can have time to prepare beforehand. If I find some interesting articles about language learning during weekends, I will put them online as further reading that I may not address in class. Besides, I can even express my feelings and ideas about teaching and read other fellow instructors’ journals to do some thinking of teaching on my own.

In a word, I think the invention of e-portfolio is a marvelous achievement and it definitely serves as a facilitator to all the teachers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment