Saturday, September 15, 2012


How I Use Lessonwriter in Language Teaching

It is a pain in the neck for teachers to prepare lessons each day. Sometimes, it may take a teacher five hours to prepare for a one hour class. Low efficiency is always the reason teachers have cited, but they always neglect the reason behind low efficiency which is the lack of proper high tech products. Now that Lessonwriter is available to us, it will be much easier to prepare for daily classes.

As its name suggests, Lessonwriter can help a teacher throughout the process of preparation. When I become a language teacher, I will use this tool as a foremost resort for reading courses. For example, if the topic for one reading session is travel, I will first find an appropriate article online (probably form NYTimes) which is neither too easy nor too difficult for my students. After I find one, I will copy the content I need and paste it on Lessonwriter. To stress the importance of the words and expressions in the selected text, I will choose the option “detailed”, so that the software can automatically churn out word roots and stems. Besides, I can use “pronunciation” feature to correct their oral English when they are asked to read the text.

After learning vocabulary, it is time for the reading comprehension. On that note, I will push the “express” button to let the software produce related questions. It can really save a lot of time for me since I don’t need to think very hard myself.

In short, with the help of Lessonwriter, I will have less difficulty dealing with all the reading sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment